Leonard Falcone International Euphonium Tuba Festival
I'm proud to be affiliated with this amazingly impactful organization. In addition to winning the first student level of the competition in 1986 (yeah, I'm that old), I've been involved for years as a judge, clinician and guest artist. Find out more about the Festival HERE!
Here's some more information:
The Falcone Festival is held over a four day period each summer and has been housed since its inception at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in Twin Lake, Michigan. In addition to the competition aspect of the Festival, participants are offered the opportunity to attend master classes and recitals provided by internationally recognized euphonium/tuba artists.
The Leonard Falcone International Euphonium & Tuba Festival has gained recognition as the premier event of its kind. Our objectives include:
- promoting the highest level of artistry on the euphonium and tuba;
- encouraging young musicians to study the euphonium and tuba;
- enhancing the repertoire for the euphonium and tuba by commissioning and encouraging original compositions, transcriptions, and arrangements;
- presenting master classes and performances by distinguished euphonium and tuba artists; and
- fostering increased awareness and appreciation for euphonium and tuba by the general public.
Student and artist level competitions remain integral to the Festival. The competition has a truly international flavor, with contestants attending from countries around the world. Competition cash prizes are underwritten by foundations, companies, and friends who believe in the values of the Festival.